C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Round One!

One of the things that Alyson said when Margie moved here was "she's fun at a party"....and she was right.  It's always a good time to party with Margie! Today was round one of Margie's birthday celebration.....honoring her actual birthday

And since the chance to share this celebration with her is on the top of my list of joys....I can't help but take you all along as we celebrate!  Settle in!
For round one Paul and I picked up some decadent cupcakes.


I was pretty excited about this gift....an advent puzzle with a small 50 piece puzzle to put together each day of advent.  Each little puzzle is a Christmas window scene that will fit together to create this whole festive apartment building. It looks like fun to me...I hope it's fun for Margie!  

It's called "Through the Window" and I found it here: https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/through-the-window-puzzle-advent-calendar


And Margie was the recipient of my one of a kind fish scale envelope.  I left the outside blank and didn't seal it on purpose so she could write her own note and re-gift the envelope to someone else. 

I turned one of my meadow rue prints into a simple birthday card!

And I laughed out loud when she opened Alyson's card and it had an envelope liner! Margie has a nice little pile of colorful fun from her daughters/daughter-in-law.


Alyson included one of her photos there on the left. She and I both have a thing for water in any form: drops, snowflakes, frost...and we often share them with each other during our evening exchange.  On the right is one of my recent frost photos.



I'm including this one because it showcases Margie's rainbow bottles and vases....a rainbow complete with PINK!  I'm going to smile and think of Ann and Kimberly every time! Round two is tomorrow...and yes....there's a round three on Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Margie! Thanks for the nod, MaryAnn. Kimberly is coming this weekend for some early Christmas cookie baking. I’ll be sure to have plenty of pink food coloring on hand!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun baking! Tis the season! And yes....I hope there's something pink!

      Delete
  2. PAR-ty! PAR-ty! PAR-ty! Thanks for inviting us, MaryAnn, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Margie! That puzzle advent calendar is FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....and the party continues today!!! I'm pretty excited bout watching this advent puzzle grow!

      Delete