C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

One Thumb Down

Home sweet home on the Schoodic Peninsula  for a few days.




This is the pile I woke up to this morning....I haven't played with colorful fabric and fibers in a while so this was going to be a nice change of pace.  

I'm here with Patsy and Jane...two of my stitching buddies.  When we're together we stitch...and chat...and all the other things women who gather do when they're together.  
Jane and Patsy are both working on cross stitch projects...and my main goal was to finally finish this polka dotted lampshade I started last winter.  If you want to know the back story...you can read it here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/02/lindas-lamp.html. At the time I had to stop because the stitching was hard on my hands...and it's been an UFP (unfinished project) ever since.  I thought it was the perfect stitching project to bring with me.  

So I got back at it after we settled in  thinking I would do one of the last three panels each day I was here.  When I finished the first panel last evening....I rolled right into twisting fabric cording....not a good idea.  It wasn't long before I injured my right thumb.

So I'm one thumb down....and most of what I brought requires two thumbs...especially my right thumb. So I'm being creative with the few other things I brought with me while my thumb heals.

I'm in a beautiful place with people I love...so all will be well.  

4 comments:

  1. Schoodic Peninsula—lucky you! Dave and I vacationed there two Junes ago. Are you in a rental?

    Oh no, so sorry to hear about your thumb. Here's to speedy recovery while you turn your creative energy in a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...lucky me. My friend Patsy and her husband own 40 acres on a point. I've been coming here for years.

      I'm coming up with enough to do....all is well.

      Delete
  2. Well, darn it! Hope it isn't a lingering injury. Enjoy your friends and the view.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy....all will be well. I'll just have to be careful for a while.

      Delete