C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

"Joy Chose You"

Pay attention to the joy that will slither through the cracks and choose YOU during this Holiday Season!  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I'm giving "kanths" AND "thanks" today for the simple joys in my life.



Brenda send me a link to a reading of this poem...and it captured my heart.  It was written by Donna Ashworth, but the link was to poet Harry Baker reading it. You  can hear it here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CzvgBV0obDP/  Thanks Brenda!

Joy Chose You 
written by Donna Ashworth 

Joy does not arrive with a fanfare 
on a red carpet strewn 
with the flowers of a perfect life

joy sneaks in 
as you pour a cup of coffee
watching the sun 
hit your favorite tree 
just right

and you usher joy away 
because you're not ready for her
your house is not as it should be
for such a distinguished guest

but joy, you see
cares nothing for your messy home
or your bank balance 
or your waistline

joy is supposed to slither through 
the cracks of your imperfect life
that's how joy works

you cannot truly invite her
you can only be ready 
when she appears
and hug her with meaning
because in this very moment 
joy chose you.

8 comments:

  1. joy sneaks in
    as you pour a cup of coffee
    watching the sun
    hit your favorite tree
    just right
    This is one of my favorite forms of JOY and I am always overwhelmed when it happens.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, and thank you for continuously making me smile through your daily posts.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul and I comment on this everytime we see it....and I'm so happy to know you love it too! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kathy!

      Delete
  2. And thanks to and for you , MaryAnn. You share the bits of thanksgiving you find (or make!) and bring them faithfully to the rest of us every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chuckle every time I see "Other Portland Mary." Thank you for your kind words. It's still working for me so I'll just keep puttering.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for being you and sneak in joy everyday!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete