C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Keeping Watch

There were dozens and dozens of Canadian Geese poking around in the grass for food the past several days.

Every time I see them I'm fascinated how at least one... keeps watch for predators while the others eat. Do you see him/her there on the right? 

We all need people in our lives who watch out for us. People who have our back and take care of when we're down and celebrate with us when we're up. I am lucky that my list is long.

Hackmatack/tamarack trees are scattered all over Patsy's property.

They are the only deciduous conifer tree.  Yes....they lose their needles.....and they turn this lovely yellow color before they do.

Today was my travel/transition day.  I'm grateful for time with dear friends in a beautiful place....and I'm grateful for a home I love to come home to.

2 comments:

  1. Huh, I don't think I was ready to come home yet, MaryAnn!

    Love that closing silhouette photo—I remember being very taken with that kind of gradation in value of sky color when I was 10 or 11 and trying to replicate it with colored pencils on paper : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha...that makes two of us. But regular life calls.

      Nice childhood memory. I've always loved silhouette images....and this particular view gets me every time.

      Delete