C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thanksgiving Gift

We had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with Margie at her assisted living facility....it's always a treat when someone else cooks for you. And there's nothing quite like a Thanksgiving afternoon nap!  

I laughed out loud when I saw this post in a Facebook group I belong to called Stitch Meditations.  

Janet Sarnow saves her fabulous stems and uses them in her art.  This pin cushion is adorable!  

I never thought about saving my stems.  hmmm

Paul has been teasing me that I hadn't found Betty the Bear in a while....and I think he thought I'd never find her.

So during happy hour I did a thorough search of the living/dining room area and there she was hiding in the gumball machine.  Well done Mr. Shupe!


And literally while I was looking for Betty....

I saw that my Christmas Cactus was blooming....only on the side that was facing the wall. And there are several buds coming. How did I miss this!  

What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift.

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn! So many gifts in your day! Thank you for sharing.

    This lovely November Thursday has abundantly filled my physical and emotional bellies. The best !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the notion of "filled physical and emotional bellies!" Yes...that's the best!

      Delete