C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Extra Hour

I always have mixed feelings about setting the clocks back...but I took full advantage of the extra hour today.  I had a long to-do list getting ready for a few days out of town....but several BSO's (bright shiny objects) begged for attention.

After yesterday's post....I had to try some Jennifer inspired fish scales as an envelope liner.  Did it work?  Yes.  Will it be worth doing again?  Probably not.

When I line an envelope I only glue down the top flap or it doesn't close well.  So I had to cut the fish scales at the fold or they would buckle.  It's a fussier project than would be worth it for and envelope that might just get ripped open.  So if this one shows up in your mailbox you will know it's a one of a kind.

My current puzzle clamored for attention too.  The path from side to side NEEDED to be connected.

I knew it was coming a couple days ago...and I've been searching for pieces and parts of the path ever since.  I found the last connecting piece this afternoon. Phew!

I'm having fun with this one. 

And don't even get me started on this handful of goodness shouting for attention.

I saved these branches from my meadow rue before I dumped my cutbacks a few days ago....and they've been sitting in water just waiting for gelli printing.  I didn't think they would last until I got back....so I had a whirlwind of a printing session this afternoon with some interesting results. 
I've wanted to try this technique for quite a while. I rolled green paint onto my gelli plate then taped down a piece of copy paper just at the top then took the first print. I pulled the paper up just far enough to be able to pull off the branches...then put the paper back down again to get the ghost print in the same spot.  The ghost print comes from the paint that was masked under the leaves.


I love the subtle tone on tone effect and I will certainly be trying this again when I have more time.  I have more prints from today's session that I'm excited to use in some projects.

Thank goodness I had an extra hour today or I wouldn't have gotten my chores done and my bags packed with all the bright shiny distractions!

I'm heading out in the morning with a pile of take-a-long projects for a dose of coast and time with friends. ALL the hours will feel like extra hours! 

4 comments:

  1. You and I are of like minds in grabbing that extra hour and running with it! And you sure did run with yours! Fish scales and puzzles and gelli prints, OH MY! And now yo're off for some time away and all the hours will be extra hours! Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do have some common ground Dotty....I hope you enjoyed your extra hour. A little change of scenery for a few days will be nice.

      Delete
  2. Love the gelli print- great idea. Have a great trip!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! I've seen it on various art sites...not my idea but it's a good one and I will certainly experiment with it more. And.... I am always energized by my friends.

      Delete