C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, November 2, 2023

Indigo Blues

"Hope is heavy at times and other times it becomes your wings and lifts you up. That's the thing about hope - sometimes you carry it and sometimes it carries you." Kristin Kory

I finished another scrappy tree today...this one was a special order and a little bigger than the last one.  One side is colorful MacKenzie-Childs inspired...and the other is indigo blues. It's nice to have another finished project!

I especially like the way the gold lines landed on the very tip top.


I had a good visit with Margie this morning...and she had two puzzles finished on her coffee table.  One was children's books, and the other was the one my brother Doug had made for me of photos of me and my family over the years.  I've got a new one going too!  More on that another time....I'll be at it for a while.


5 comments:

  1. Another scrappy tree! I treated myself to some I-spy fun as I looked for bits of fabric patterns that repeated front and back, all the while admiring your creating that repetition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! Yes....I wanted them to coordinate so repeated some of the fabrics. You can only display one side at a time...so why not get two for one!

      Delete
  2. Mary Ann where do you find the lovely base for your trees.
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question Lily....but my answer is "here and there." Most of what I use has been in my stash for a while so I couldn't tell you where I got them. But Michaels and most craft stores have a wood section with letters and shapes to paint. I've done all kinds of trees over the years so have picked up interesting bases when I see them. I also think a simple google search would provide lots of resources. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, I’ll look around for them.

    ReplyDelete