C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Collecting Pink!

Subtitle: Making It Fair!

Philippa Stanton teaches that "collecting colour through observation is another simple way to lead you into a daily practice of actually looking at what's around you and loosens up your 'noticing' skills." It brings a "simple sense of purpose to the act of looking." Conscious Creativity

Today I had a purpose....I collected pink.

I was tickled pink that my friend Ann actually read the chart on yesterday's post.  On behalf of her granddaughter she celebrated the fact that we added "pink/coral" as the 8th color in the rainbow spectrum. As I mentioned in the post....Becky and I took some liberties with the second half of the spectrum for the sake of the art trade. Little did we know that we were on to something.


Ann's comment read: 

"I love that you're finishing with pink in your rainbow.  My granddaughter used to say 'It's not fair to pink that pink's not in the rainbow.' You've made it fair again!"

Thanks Ann....I love this!

I have grown to love pink more and more over the years.


And there was plenty of spring pink on this morning's walk.
  

This was a particularly pleasing pink scene.


I found the Pink Panther...and some found objects in the jar.

 

Thinking about pink made me tap into my inner little girl.....and I painted a goofy rainbow.....with 9 colors instead of 7.  Pink works at both ends...it's only fair!


I stitched it onto a card....


rounded the corners....


...and added a caption! I wonder if Kimberly is too old for this now?
I'll find out! Maybe you're never too old for rainbows!  I'm not!

7 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, I FEEL the fun in the finding and creating and celebrating and fair-making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding....creating...and celebrating....right up my alley!

      Delete
  2. This entire post made me smile. All the pink, the tulips (!), and the Pink Panther- I love them all!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy.! How can the Pink Panther not make you smile!

      Delete
    2. And how can we forget the Blue Aardvark??? Voiced by Joey Bishop, I believe. "I am not a dog" Still makes me laugh :)

      Delete
  3. Oh! The joy of pink! My dad loved the pink panther! Thanks for the joy you bring me every day. 💗💖💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The joy of pink! Nice to know of another Pink Panther fan!

      Delete