C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 22, 2023

Showing Up

I'm posting early today. Tonight is my last official meeting as a Board Member/secretary of our Condo Association. My term was three years....it's been interesting and worthwhile...and sometimes one of the most challenging things I've done in a while. But I will continue to show up....managing the website, serving on a few committees, and helping wherever I can. That's how places like this work best...people showing up. That's actually how most places....homes....and relationships work best....people showing up for one another!

We just had a couple inches of rain....and my garden is happy!


When Margie lived at her Independent Living facility she was in a writers group.  She's always been a thoughtful and clever writer...so this was the perfect opportunity for her to share her stories and her poems and verses. But because of her recent move...this could have been something that got left behind.  But today....Margie hosted four women from the group for coffee and conversation...and of course the chance to talk about their recent writing prompt. These women showed up for Margie today....and that means a lot...to her and to Paul and me.

I got up early to pick up pastries and Paul and I facilitated getting the party rolling. It always feels good to show up for Margie!

This was the finished puzzle on her board called "Stargazing." It's colorful and fun....and at some point it will show up on my table. 

1 comment: