C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Orange!

I'm already thinking about yellow for our Rainbow Connection Project....and haven't been able to talk about orange until today!  I just got my orange card from Tracie...and it's fabulous!

It came wrapped in tissue with this sweet little flower closure.  Nice touch Tracie!

I love the card!  
Orange and pink have always caught my attention. 


And the back couldn't be more appropriate.  
I mailed my card to Tracie in Madison a week ago Monday...so when it 
hadn't arrived on Saturday....I was losing hope.
But I remain optimistic....because apparently...orange is optimistic!
As far as I know...it still hasn't arrived.


One of the keys to watercolor that I struggle with is knowing where NOT to paint.  The shine on this pot is perfect....and I love the speckled texture!


Thanks Tracie!  Well done!
Can't wait to see all the others.


My rainbow is growing!


I'm trying to post a whole rainbow everytime I write about this project....
so  here's a little wrapped rope rainbow I made that sits in my studio.

2 comments:

  1. oh! that sweet little flower enclosure! that reflected light on the speckled pot! orange you all just having heaps of fun with your art exchange!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you slipped that "orange you all" line in....I've thought about that joke "orange you glad I didn't say banana" every time I written about orange! Yes...Tracie's piece is precious...and we're ARE have heaps of fun!

      Delete