C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 19, 2023

Hummingbird's lunch

 I made my first trip to The Flower Box at Winslow Farm today....

and bought three of these adorable little plants called Cuphea Hummingbird's Lunch.  I have some garden space by the patio where I keep a feeder....but I've wanted to plant flowers that will attract the hummingbirds more naturally.  

I started my search at Winslow Farm.

I love everything about this place. I love the manageable size....the rural and picturesque setting...the variety and quality of the plants....and most importantly the friendly and knowledgeable staff.  And.....it's just a few miles away.  


My pile on the counter started to grow!


Most of my plants came from the greenhouse....where the hummingbirds
visit frequently for their all-day lunch.  That was a good sign.


I couldn't be happier with my box of goodies for the hummingbirds
and a few coral bell plants for me.


I'm excited about this salvia called "skyscraper dark purple." It's another one that should attract the hummingbirds and could grow up to 24 inches.  I also bought a blue salvia called Guaranitica...which I'm also told the hummingbirds like.  We'll see how it goes....I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment