C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 5, 2023

The Person I Am

Another quote from the How to Practice article by Ann Patchett:

"I didn't need the glasses or the silver, those things that represented who I thought I would become but never did, and I didn't need the dolls, which represented who I had been and no longer was.  The typewriter, on the other hand, represented both the person I had wanted to be and the person I am."

I think she's on to something.....I'm going to ponder this and circle back to it at some point.   

It was a perfect spring day....and I spent a good amount of it outside doing some chores...and just soaking it all in! 

This patch of hyacinths are in my back garden. They make me happy.

Look what Margie did in just a couple days!
This makes me happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment