C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Hyacinths

"In the end, I decided to let it go, because who in the world would understand its meaning once I was gone?" Ann Patchett

Grape hyacinths are one of my favorite spring flowers....and they're sprinkled all over our walking neighborhoods right now.  I love the shape and habit as well as the intensity of color....which is both blue and purple at the same time.  

This particular scene from this morning's walk was one of those "strikingly pleasing" ones that made me pause.

The three varieties of hyacinths were the first thing that caught my attention...both blue and purple.  But then I noticed the angles of the soft green house in the background contrasted by the rigid granite lamp post....all highlighted by sparkling rain drops. I loved everything about it.  Paul walked in circles while I took it all in.
I put my drawer quote in my journal opposite a purple page that was already there. It's not the most visually pleasing spread....but this journal has turned into a place to record things I want to remember....with whatever art and color that finds its way there.

The painting on the far right was done by one of my boys....using bubble art if I remember correctly.  Today....I added the hyacinth with some fused scraps that were on my table...and a few more quotes I wanted to preserve from Ann's "How to Practice" article.  Words of wisdom that are hitting home.


More purple than blue...but the colors in this 
Kaffe Fassett fabric coordinated so well with the bubble print.


" I found little things that had become important over time for no reason other than that I'd kept them for so long." Ann Patchett


I planted these hyacinths last fall in front of our condo...
and they are coming along nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment