C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sticks and Balls

For every story that gets told or image that gets shared...there are dozens of other little moments and events going on in people's lives that we know nothing about. Let's be patient with one another.  Let's be kind...and generous....and show up as often as we can.

Tracie sent me this photo of the Jefferson Elm tree that was planted in Orton Park in Madison in honor of my sister Angie.  It's thriving...and I couldn't love it more. Thank you for your generosity Tracie! 

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/04/they-planted-tree.html

Thank goodness for spring......there's always something to celebrate!

Paul and I came across this lovely patch of allium on our morning walk....or as we Paul calls them...sticks and balls.  He just calls it like he sees it...and the name has stuck....for years now.


I love watching the balls emerge from their little sheath....
or whatever that membrane is.


How can this not be celebrated.


My modest stick and ball patch at my last house in Lexington....
I wonder if they're blooming....or even still there!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder and encouragement to be patient with one another … and kind ... and generous ... and to show up as often as we can. Can never get too many such reminders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! Thank you for showing up here!

      Delete