C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Red Dahlia

Brenda's red card came today for our Rainbow Connection art trade....and it's fabulous! This is going to be fun and colorful summer!

Brenda is quite a gardener...and dahlias are one her favorites! 

The red is rich and the finish is glossy....I love everything about it!  
I'll share the others as they arrive at their destinations.


Here's a little red color collecting from today.


We only seem to have a couple of hummingbirds that come back to the yard....but they've just started to feed.  I'm going to be looking for some plants that will attract them.  We just love watching them!


I've been trying to catch a cardinal with my zoom lens....
and this is the best one so far. I'll keep trying.



And look what was finished on Margie's table today!  This puzzle was a birthday gift from my sister LaVonn that I brought back from Wisconsin....Margie got to do it first! I'm working on a tough one right now....the verdict is still out whether I'm going to stick with it.

2 comments:

  1. many responses:
    • yes to dahlias! my hubby lovingly and enthusiastically plants dozens every year and faithfully brings all the tubers in and tends to them over the winter; they are magnificent in our gardens, and brenda's rendering does them proud!
    • smiling at your collecting of red yesterday : )
    • i did a 5th grade research paper* about hummingbirds that has had hummingbirds endeared to me ever since (*with CONSIDERABLE help from an issue of national geographic magazine).
    • the tulips take me immediately to deep-seated memories of living in the netherlands for two years when i was 10-12 years old—fields and fields of glorious tulips!
    • PINK gets a fair shake in the floral rainbow puzzle : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....you covered all the bases here! Thank you for all the connections and stories. I love that you pointed out the pink in the puzzle....I hadn't put that together.

      Delete