C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Little Things

This is the time of year the woodland floor is scattered with tiny white wildflowers. I've been watching them for weeks...and there are hundreds of them.

They are such sweet little things....Canada Mayflower and starflower.

 The sarsaparilla is just getting started...and you have to watch closely or you miss these fabulous bloom balls because they're tucked underneath the foliage. As I looked at one stem closer today....maybe they're already going by....?  

 

I found this image online....they are so hard to photograph.


Paul and I watched these sweet little ducklings 
swim off into the pond this morning. 


I came across this continuous line drawing I did for a class.  At the time I resized it and made some copies...and today I did a little coloring.



Little...being the operative word here. 
Just a little something creative...brings me joy.


Here are some of my other continuous line drawings from that class.


4 comments:

  1. We have a number of little white flowers blooming in our gardens while other larger plants are moving through their longer period of growth before strutting their stuff. LOVE your continuous line drawings; that kind of drawing is so much fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Strutting their stuff"....yes! That's what flowers do! I need to do more drawing...especially continuous line! I love it too.

      Delete
  2. I have been enjoying your posts, as always- the color, sticks and balls:), one line drawings! Always something to put a smile on my face, so thank you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that's what I'm doing....then I'll call it a win. Spring just has so much to offer....how can I go wrong! Thanks Kathy!!!

      Delete