C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Birds and Blooms

At some point I'll get back in the studio....but for now I'm finishing up Condo Board chores and duties...and continuing to focus on all things spring.  I did put my orange Rainbow Connection card in the mail to Tracie yesterday....and I can't wait to see what everyone came up with.  I had fun with mine...and will share what I did once I know Tracie has gotten it.

We've stayed cool at night...so the rain lilies and annuals come out during the day and in at night as they harden off and get used to the sun and wind.  It looks like Saturday we will finally have a turning point when it will be in the 50's overnight so I can finish planting and filling my pots.

I love walking the yards and neighborhoods this time of year....there's always something new to see.  

We have a couple of small lilac bushes in the side yard....and they are nearly at peak.  I walk by as often as I can and soak in the color and the smell.  

We've had an unusual visitor for the last couple days.  Mr. Tom Turkey seems to wander through during happy hour poking around the birdfeeder looking for a stray snack.  He doesn't stay long....but I'm not sure I want him or his friends and family around on a regular basis. He is a bit entertaining....and such a contrast to the small songbirds.  The bluebirds, however, are always welcome.


4 comments:

  1. You say: I love walking the yards and neighborhoods this time of year....there's always something new to see. And I say: YES! We are particularly enjoying how many neighbors of all ages we now see also outdoors and chat with when we take a brief stroll every evening—such delight! So much shared delight in all spring has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful....and YES....it's so nice to be meeting up with neighbors on our strolls. Shared delight indeed!

      Delete
  2. I just found your website and blog! I love the "Joyful Puttering" name and the happy activity it inspires! Thank you for sharing! Hurray for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! Welcome to Joyful Putting! So glad you're following along. There is inspiration everywhere....and I take great delight in that!

      Delete