C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 13, 2023

Peace

We had a Mother's Day brunch today with our sons, Nate and Sam, and my mother-in law Margie. It's always a good day when we are all under one roof.  My heart is full.  

And I'm thinking about my mom today. I'm sure there were challenges raising nine kids on a farm...but my mom loved being a mom. And she was the best!


Sometimes my cards are better in my head...but this one came from a place of love and admiration for the other mother that I am lucky enough to have in my life.

Remember my little rainbow cutouts from yesterday's post?  They became this colorful symbol of peace....made especially for Margie.

Happy Mother's Day!



My little cutouts remind me of these forget-me-nots I found on our walk.
There is something about that blue!!!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, the card you made is magnificent! And I see that pink continues to get a fair shake in the rainbow of colors. What is the written text behind the color and peace symbol in this textured mixed-media wonderland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little unsure about this one.....but I was careful to include enough pink! The background is a from one of a couple of vintage manuscript books I found at our library sale. I wrote about them here: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2020/03/a-good-score.html

      Delete