C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Re-Discovering

I've been drawn to interesting and colorful images for as long as I can remember. I just can't help myself....when I see an image that speaks to me...I cut it out....take a screenshot....or pin it on a Pinterest board.

Margaret loves images too...and she sent me these photos a few days ago from a color collage project she did during lockdown.....they reminded her of the color cards we're doing for our Rainbow Connection art exchange.  

Margaret's collages reminded me of my pile of Discovery Journals I started back in 1996.  I collected images from magazine, catalogs....and other found papers and stickers that inspired me and glued them into sketchbooks. I grouped them by color...or theme and I didn't think of them as collage at the time...more as inspiration...or just a collection of images that I loved.  I wrote a post about them here called "Before There Was Pinterest."

https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2015/05/before-there-was-pinterest.html

I loved putting these book together....and because of Margaret's email....I'm going to re-discover them.  I'm going to go through every single one of them...page by page over the next week or so. Who knows....maybe my next big inspiration is in one of the 6 or 7 books.  

In that post back in 2015 I wrote:


I'm going to have fun re-discovering these images that bring me joy.
Thanks for the nudge Margaret!

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts! They inspire me to gather up that pile of old magazines and start cutting and pasting! Thank you for being a bright spot in my day! Merri Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is about the best comment I could ever get! Thank you so much for following along....and yes....gather up the magazines and start cutting!!!

      Delete