C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 26, 2023

Blue Things

I checked out the lupin hill in Portland this morning. They're just getting started so I'll keep and eye on them over the next few weeks. 

It's just such a great setting for a lupin field....with the city of Portland in the background. 

This post is from a couple years ago....it was much further along about this time: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2021/05/lupin-season.html

I still love that my son Sam called them "bluepins" when he was little.  

And....just when I thought the little blue ballet slipper was the best found object in a while....Paul found this sweet little blue sheep in the gutter along Riverside Street. No home in sight....no place to return it to....so it will find a good home here.


How cute is this!!!
It's a Shupe sheep now!


And speaking of blue things....one of my condo duties is serving on the pool committee....and we've been busy getting it ready.  Tomorrow is opening day....I do love my morning swims!

4 comments:

  1. Bluepins and blue lambs- doesn't get much better than that!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think everything is shipshape in your world now that shupesheep has come into the fold : )

    bluepins! PERfect name! and it has me instantly scanning our family lexicon for similar favorites, e.g. my son jay's "hopicopter" for helicopter.

    and remind me that i have a found object doll shoe story to share!

    i think i'm gonna have the blues today, of the best sort—thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....what a fabulous response to this silly little post. Oh my....there may have to be a blog post about family phrases that have stood the test of time. "Hoipcopter".....yes! Nesternaut....was restaurant...and soooo many more. Looking forward to the shoe story!

      Delete