C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 12, 2023

RED Collage Card

I had lots of ideas going through my head for my RED card.....and I landed on doodles, cutouts, and collage.

At first I thought I would have  more layers of flowers and plants in the bowl....and even a little touch of green.  But in the end I kept it fairly simple...just a few red cutouts....black and white doodles...and a touch of gold.

The polka dots are circles cut from deli paper gelli prints. 

This is what my table looked like early on. Do you see the napkin in the top left?
That red border became the foreground.  I thought it was tableclothish.


I generally like to have a tiny little border as a frame.  So I cut my collage piece just a bit smaller and mounted it on the card stock that I had edged with red paint. 


The back was optional. I used one of my favorite children's book characters...
Olivia...whose signature color is RED


And of course....it's not complete without a red envelope liner!
RED card for Becky for the rainbow connection project 
Now I'm thinking about Orange!


Every time I post one of our rainbow connection cards....I'm going to try and include some sort of a rainbow.  This time it's some familiar fussy cutting I did last night....I like the scraps as much as I like the little flowers. I have plans for these. 

3 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, what a gift to be pulled into the creative process through your blog post! Thank you! Do you make your own envelope liners? I'm going on a birthday walk this morning with a nephew and niece-in-law and I plan to do red color collecting : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dotty! If at least one person is pulled into creativity by something they find here....then it's a good day. Have fun with your red collecting Yes, I have been lining my own envelope for a little while now. I have used gelli prints...and now am tapping into some unused scrapbook paper. I wrote a little bit about it here in this post: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/02/an-eighth-day.html

      Delete
    2. Here's the story behind the envelopes...and the liners: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/2023/02/an-ounce-of-joy.html

      Delete