C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Massive Fun!

I had to pause for a few minutes last evening and soak in that sky!
How can you not celebrate a beautiful sky!

My sister Marilyn gave me this tiny bird puzzle for my birthday...along with several other goodies.  

It was the perfect puzzle project when I got home before I start another big one. The finished size was just 4 by 6.

It's called a micro puzzle....and the pieces were pretty tiny for my fumbly fingers.  But as the bottle says....it was "massive fun!"


The puzzle table was empty again today.....so I seized the moment to do a little project.  I LOVE my puzzle table....it's an antique library table that Paul and I bought early in our marriage. I also love it because it has shelves on both sides for puzzles in waiting and it's another table with a drawer

We moved the table from Lexington with the drawer filled....so who knows how long some of this stuff has been in there.  What story was this drawer going to tell? And would any of it be interesting?
Today I took everything out and piled it all on the table.  

There were lots things that were totally uninteresting and immediately got tossed or recycled. But there were a few things that had promise...and a couple that had a really good story.
These rocks were made by Maggie and Molly who live in a nearby neighborhood.  When I revisited the post I wrote a couple years ago I teared up.  It really IS....one of my favorite connection stories of all time...and you can read it here: 


And FYI....if you linked to the post and read the story....you won't be surprised that I went back a few days later and bought The Darkness!

The connection with the girls continued for a few months as I left little gifts for them.  It was massive fun!

The other special story in this drawer is about these two little boxes....they are very near and dear to my heart. You can read about them here:

And what was in the little polka dotted box?
The verdict it still out whether they stay or go.


2 comments:

  1. You should keep that Peanuts gang! (I love Peanuts)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! I love the gang too! Thanks for chiming in!

      Delete