C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, May 8, 2023

Rainbow Connection

I didn't notice the fabulous shadows from this tulip patch until I uploaded the photo. And I also just realized...that the whole rainbow is here...if you count my sneakers and the glimpse of my purple sweatshirt tied around my waist. I might be stretching it...but finding the rainbow does flow right into the topic of this post.

Becky, Tracie, Brenda and I are going to do another art trade.  There was never any questions that we would start something new....we just had to brainstorm some ideas and themes.  We're calling this new one a "rainbow connection"....and yes...we're going to trade a rainbow. 

We are all making a 4 x 4 art card featuring each color in the rainbow spectrum. Becky and I took a little liberty with the colors....we needed 8.  We all started with red....and this week we're sending our card to someone else in the group.  Two weeks later we'll send our orange to the next person....and two weeks after that we'll send our yellow to the 3rd person.  The 4th week we keep our green and start over again for the last 4 colors.

Confusing?  Here's the chart Becky and I made while I was there. 
We all need a little help to keep us on track.

In the end....we'll all have a set of eight 4 x 4 cards...all the colors of the rainbow!  This time I'll be able to report in as we go....no surprises at the end on this one.  I just put my RED card in the mail to Becky....and I'm looking forward to getting one from Brenda! I'll report in when I can. This project will take us into August and it's a very doable shared art project for the summer. A sweet and simple rainbow connection.  

I didn't have to look very hard to find a spring rainbow in my recent photos.



  

4 comments:

  1. I love that you’re finishing with pink in your rainbow. My granddaughter used to say ”it’s not fair to pink that pink’s not in the rainbow.” You’ve made it fair again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann....I can't tell you how happy this comment makes me. Pink DOES deserve to be in the rainbow! Fair is fair!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for starting my day with a pot o' gold, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! I do have a thing for rainbows!

      Delete