C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Splashes of Color

I saw a splash of color in the woods....and had to check it out. It was a piece of bark covered in colorful lichen. We've had a lot of rain....and lichen loves rain.....the textures and colors were just gorgeous! 

I'm going to hang onto it for a while to see how it looks when its dried out.  As you may know....I enjoy watching the phases nature takes.

I clipped a few of my tiny daffodils when I got home a week ago and have been enjoying them on my kitchen sill. I love how they have kept their color and shape even when they are dry.


The iris petals I brought in several weeks ago are completely dried out....

and still have hints of  their beautiful purple color.  I do think it's interesting that the tiny yellow stamens are still a perfect vivid color. 

My sister-in-law Alyson gave me a zoom lense for my iPhone for my birthday and I'm going to have fun with it while Paul and I are watching the birds on the patio.  Alyson and I still share (mostly) nature photos every evening....and we both love the birds!
I practiced today on this bluebird couple who come every day to eat the dried mealworms we put out. We watched as they carried some back to the birdhouse a few doors down....maybe we'll have babies coming to the bath and the feeder soon!


I'm loving the splashes of color right outside my door!

No comments:

Post a Comment