C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Always a Delight!

I had breakfast with Marita yesterday....which is always a delightful!  As we were heading out for a walk we ran into her neighbor Sarae...and I had fun poking around her lovely garden.  She had some of my summer favorites...zinnias, sunflowers and honeysuckle. 

And there was so much more!  

Martia and Sarae are teachers....and I am a retired teacher so we have some common ground.  AND...Sarae has interest in learning about cyanotypes and I have offered my help if she needs it. 

I just adore all the stages of a zinnia! And when you seem them all on the same plant....it's always a delight!

2 comments:

  1. No end of right-in-front-of-us wonder in which to delight. Thank you for sharing yours from today—Marita, Sarae, zinnias, sunflowers, honesuckle, common ground in teaching, a shared interest in cyanotypes.

    At my end:
    • picking up my granddaughter from camp last evening, basking in being in that sacred space where I have myself participated in programs in 35 different summers,
    • mixing acrylics to just the right consistency to allow for satisfying splatter on two canvases, and
    • exploring a new neighborhood with Dave during our postpicnic passeggiata, as is our practice every night all summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty!

      What I know:
      I know that camp is a special place for you....so I know what a treat it was to pick up your granddaughter! And I know how much you like to play with and splatter paint so I'm guessing you were smiling while doing it. And I know that you and Dave so enjoy your summer "postpicnic passeggiata".....so I'm certain that joy was in abundance over the last couple of days. Woo Hoo!

      Delete