C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Sand Art

This may be one of my favorite found objects in a while. Well done Paul!

My tiny shoe collection is growing and I featured most of them in this post last year: 


I took advantage of the cooler weather and did a beach walk with Jane early this morning in Ocean Park....AKA Jane's Beach.

The partly cloudy sky was amazing.....and as always....my favorite part of the short walk to the beach from Jane's house is this path through the dune grass. You can't see the water at first...but you know you're heading someplace special.  


Then there is it....the ocean sparking in the morning sun.



It's always interesting to see how the water sculpts the beach....

creating sandbars....

....and making interesting patterns. 


And there was a whole row of these funky hearts.
I love Mother Nature's sand art!


It's always good to have a little sand art between your toes once in a while.
Thanks Jane!

2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, I'm going to email you a found-doll's-shoe story from the days when I had my art❤️warmers business.

    Oh, those dune grass forays with beach and ocean on the other side—THE BEST! Thank you for recreating this most joyful of coastal joys with your photos and captions. You've captured a favorite sensory experience that never gets old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that found-doll's-shoe story! And every time I am reminded of your art warmers business I am smitten. Brilliant!

      Yes...the dune grass...and the anticipation of what's just beyond it never gets old.

      Delete