C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, August 26, 2024

Little Sprout

Look what I found!  

I couldn't believe this little leaf sprout was topped off with a heart. It stole my heart and this print is going to make an adorable little card.

I'm guessing Mother Nature was pretty tickled wih it too.

I've have been playing  around with my stripes. At first I was laying out several columns...but that was too confusing and too many decisions at one time. So I'm just going to work on one column at a time until I get a scheme and arrangement I like. Seeing it in a photo helps because I can crop an image and get an idea how it will look with clean edges. 

This is NOT in final form...I'm just getting started...it's going to take some time. 

 

See what I mean! This is how I started....and it was way too much going on. I'm well aware that there are so many things wrong with this layout.

But it did tell me that I want vertical stripes and I can see that the lights and neutrals...as well as varied widths and value are all very important. 

Once I get the first column good enough...that will inform the second column so it may get easier. For now I'm not fusing anything. I can tack the strips lightly with the tip of my iron if that helps keep things in place.

2 comments:

  1. That little sprout with the heart topper has your name all over it, MaryAnn!

    And I am going to LOVE being privy to the process of your hyper-stripe adventure. SO much fun to see behind the curtain to the creation of this piece. The various 'irregularities' you've begun playing with are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty. I do think that posting my progress and process will keep me motivated and moving along. This project has been in my head for so long that the sharing here will be helpful. And...I'm open to input. Your comment about the "irregularities" has got me thinking already.

      Delete