C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sneak Peak

I love when there's a sneak peak at the fall colors in the late summer landscape.....especially when they're a bit wabi-sabi!

 There's such beauty in imperfection!

I usually tackle a couple house projects while Paul is away. I make bigger messes than usual and pretty much spread out all over the first floor leaving a trail of scraps and tools as I jump from one project to another. I'll clean up everything at the end....I have a few more days.

Some of the projects are fun....but others are not....but just need to be done. Last year while he was gone I re-caulked the undermount kitchen sink....which was a much bigger job than I could have imagined.  This year I re-caulked the bathroom shower...which was a bit easier but the only joy was when it was done.

And this morning I finally finished making the last valance needed on the first floor to cover the quilted roller shade in Paul's room. 

This is the second valance I've made out of this table cloth I got on clearance at Pottery Barn a very long time ago. I just love this bold stripe....and I have enough fabric left to cover a pillow or two.

I wanted the stripe to be vertical and the tablecloth wasn't quite wide enough...so I hid the seam in a pleat in the middle.

It was too dark in the room to take photos...

but I used the same strategy as I did for the others....stapling fabric to a shelf that I installed over the window with brackets and a board. 
And here's a sneak peak at some prep for a fabric project I've been thinking about for a very long time. 

I'm filling in the color gaps of my hand dyed fabrics with fusible webbing....and these are some of the cutoffs from the trimming. 

The project I want to do is fairly large...but the question is do I try a smaller one first. Time will tell.....stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the vicarious feeling of satisfaction at taking on and completing projects, and getting prep work done for further endeavors.

    MaryAnn, like you, I like getting a sneak peak at fall color.

    Curious and eager to hear about your fabric project that's been percolating for a very long time and might soon come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not only love the sneak peak....but I also like the fact that I often need an extra layer for my after dinner walk. The anticipation of a new season always gets me excited.

      We'll see about the fabric project.....sometimes things are better in my head. It's kind of a simple one....but the color choices and design will make or break it.

      Delete