C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Checking on Bessie

Paul and I walked a morning route that took us by Bessie...the hackmatack tree we've been watching. I was a little sad someone had pruned it....but there were still plenty of branches to explore. 

It seems to be turning a silvery green color as it rounds the corner of summer.

It was November 18th last year that we discovered this tree....so pretty soon we'll have watched it for a full year and sometime in the next few months it will turn yellow and lose all of its needles. 


We had some rain...and this morning was quite foggy so everything was covered in beautiful little water droplets. And I was excited to see that the tiny pinecones are starting to emerge....I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Oh how I love the all the circles of life. 

Yesterday's sweet little heart print turned into a sweet little card today.

I auditioned several bits and pieces of other prints to go along with it...but in the end it was better on its own.

2 comments:

  1. Your attention to Bessie got my brain cogs turning, trying to remember where I'd seen a sister hackmatack in the past few months. I think I've remembered, but I'll need to verify by revisiting the home of the new friend from yoga class in whose yard Bessie's sister resides … I think!

    Regarding the decisions you made when using the sweet little heart print to make that sweet little card, these lines from Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh come to mind:

    One cannot collect all
    the beautiful shells
    on the beach.
    One can collect only a few,
    and they are more beautiful
    if they are few ...
    For it is only framed
    in space
    that beauty blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you re-find Bessie's sister. This is a fun time of year to start watching her!

      I love this Anne Morrow Lindbergh poem....and yes relates to the simplicity of the card. Sometimes just a few...or simple is enough. Thanks Dotty!

      Delete