C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 16, 2024

Doodles and Zentangles

"The real secret to a fabulous life is to live imperfectly with great delight!" Leigh Standley Sherri

I chose "doodle or zentangle" for the theme of week three of our Tiny Pages Art Exchange....and all the cards are now with their new owners.

My card went to Brenda....and it started with some new Sharpie paint markers I got from Becky. 

I drew wavy lines with the paint pens....outlined them in black...and doodled daisies in between and topped them off with a gold centers.

 


I'm not so wild about the back. Parts are OK...but I think green section is messy and distracting.  But when you work directly on the card...you get what you get! I'm going with that delightfully imperfect thing!

I doodled in the evenings over several days while watching TV. It was relaxing and enjoyable....and a good way to wind down my day.

I actually think I could have used the same paint pens to cover the green and start again!  Oh well.

This time Becky sent her card to me....and it's awesome!

She used distress oxide through a stencil to make the design (I don't even know what distressed oxide is) and then doodled in the design with a black pen.  I am in love with the gradient orange background!

 

Becky loves to do this tiny fussy doodling...

...so this was right up her alley....and it shows!
Tracie admitted that doodling was out of her wheelhouse....but I think she has proven that good things happen outside of comfort zones.  

Her card went to Becky. She used watercolor...black pigment ink...and black tinted Elmer's Glue for the squiggly line work on the back. Well done Tracie!

Brenda hand delivered her card to Tracie today....

and I adore the bright colors and intricate circular designs. They remind me of a combination of the old fashioned spirograph and paper doilies! I love the bright colors! Way to go Brenda!

Well done ladies! I'm putting each new card on the front of my little disc rings....and it's fun watching the collection grow. 

We each keep our next card...and Becky chose the theme of "flying."  I haven't started it yet....but I've been mulling it over and will work on it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment