C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Stories of My Life

I have dozens of projects in progress that I could have worked on today...and I did tend to a few of them. But I also chose to start something new.

I tried to snap off this mountain ash sprout in the woods for printing and I couldn't break the stem....so I pulled it up by the roots.  

And much to my delight...the root is more interesting than the leaves! And that gave me an idea.

Back in 2018 and 2019 I was wrapping all kinds of things in sock yarn. I wrapped sticks...and wheat...and grapevine. If the sock yarn was variegated....it created its own stripes. And you know how I love stripes.

I think my favorite are these curly sticks. The yarn was variegated...but had a long repeat between colors so each stick is a different solid color.

  

They are still in my living room...in a striped vase or course. 


So when I found this fabulous tiny tree with the root attached the first thing I thought...I should wrap it in sock yarn! 

So I parked myself on the patio for a little while this afternoon and got started. It's a little hard on my hands....so I'll have to do it in short little bursts.  

It's kind of a silly project....but being easily distracted by silly new projects is one of the stories of my life.



It's going to get tricky up around the actual roots and I certainly won't go to very ends.  I'll just cover the chunky parts. 

Time will tell if it will be worth it or not...but that's another story of my life!  
Sometimes you just have start something new.....
even if you're not sure how the story will end.  

2 comments:

  1. Loving your sock yarn wrapped pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I've done some fun projects....but we'll see if this current one works out. It's kind funky! But I think that's a good thing.

      Delete