C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Routine as a Team

I popped in to say hi to Janice and her granddaughter this morning....and I always enjoy seeing the progress of her window box. This is one of my favorite scenes!

Paul gets home late tonight. He's been away for 9 days....and I've missed him. 

He was in one of his most happy places...the mountains of Colorado with his seminary buddies. But it's time for him to come back to sea level....and back home. We are better together.....I am better when we're together and I look forward to getting back into our routine as a team.

Tracie sent me a photo of her "fly" card today....

and I absolutely love these loose and whimsical butterflies!  They're just fabulous!  Well done Tracie!

And Brenda sent me her's too! This is the time of year for maple seed helicopters....

and Brenda captured one beautifully for her "fly"card! Perfect choice Brenda!

Brenda chose our next theme...and it's gradient colors.

2 comments:

  1. That window box and its setting—the rustic window frame, the baseball-diamond glass panes, the gray shingles, the climbing vine, the ferns—cause me to relax into a deep calming breath. ooooommmmmm …

    And I'm entranced by the wonderful ways each of you in your art exchange group are unified by a shared prompt that gets interpreted in varied creative expressions : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty! You see it too! There is just something about all the elements in and around Janice's window box that just draws me in.

      And...our art group exchanges are good for all of us and pushes us to do a little project each week. And this exchange allows us to do whatever we want on a tiny little canvas around a shared prompt! It's just a delight!

      Delete