C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Changed By The Minute

The sky changed by the minute all day long. Sometimes it was bright blue with fluffy white clouds....sometimes it was covered with dark and dramatic clouds. I paused several times just to notice the sky!

It was one of those days where the sun could be shining on one spot in the yard...and there was a little rain shower in another. 

I'm celebrating a few "balls" today. My plant app tells me this is a hard-skinned puffball. It's a mushroom without a stem. Isn't it cool!

And I look forward to these little purple balls  every year.  This devil's bit bud will open to a fuzzy little flower....but I love this bumpy ball stage the best!

This interesting little ball caught my eye. Is it an acorn forming on this oak tree?  I think it's beautiful!

And...my foxtail fern has beautiful green berry balls...and lots of new growth. It loves being outside for the summer.

It's possible to make sun prints on a cloudy day....but it's takes longer and I find it's harder to tell when it's fully processed.  I made a few...but decided to wait for more consistent sun.

I had a few large grass seed stems I was anxious to print...they were so full of life. As soon as I set it in the sun...clouds rolled in. I had one stem down....then layered a second one after a minute or two. Then I just left it for about an hour....and almost forgot about it. 

This is a written page from my butterfly book and I love the words peeking through. I didn't pay a bit of attention so the words are upside down...but I don't think that matters. I will certainly be printing these stems again when the sky isn't changing by the minute!

2 comments:

  1. What magnificent soul-lifting reminders from the world around us that every little thing, ourselves included, is changing by the minute!

    The words popping through visually in the seed heads of the grass—like tiny print seeds themselves: very inviting and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks once again Dotty for your thoughtful and heartwarming comments.

      Delete