C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Summer!

Brenda chose summer as our second theme for our Tiny Pages Art Exchange. This time I sent mine to Tracie....and she sent hers to me.....which means that Becky and Brenda traded their summer cards too.  

I have a pretty big variety of ferns in the yard and woods...and I've been enjoying using them in my sun printing. They are some of my favorite plants and certainly suggest "summer" to me. I decided to use a few on my gelli plate this time with acrylic paint.....and top them off with a little watercolor and outlining.  I think it's sweet and simple....and feels like summer.

On the back is a simple summer sun using makers and a circle cutout.

  



I knew I was going to watercolor and outline the ferns....and I didn't want to make the mistake of using too much paint seeping underneath the ferns and filling in the print. Turns out....I could have used a little more paint. But like I told Tracie...nothing a little rainbow watercolor and some outlining couldn't fix. 

I was worried about the subtle background....but in the end I think it's actually works just fine. 

Tracie's card came yesterday....and nothing says summer more to her than her garden flowers in tiny vases on her kitchen window sill.  

And here they are!

So that became the subject of her sweet little summer card.



And I got a sweet little note card to go along with it.


Who doesn't think of tomatoes when they think of summer....Brenda certainly does! This is the summer fresh card she sent to Becky. 


And Becky nailed the cool summer treats! The cherry red background is splendid! And the back is a summer sun on a summer day!  Well done ladies....our next theme is "doodle or zentangle."


2 comments:

  1. What terrific creative connecting y'all are doing via your art exchange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dotty....and yes, it's a terrific thing for us all!

      Delete