C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

A Lot Going On

There's a lot going on in this garden on Jackson Street.  It's on one our regular walking routes...and I've photographed and blogged about it many times.  This time of year it's winding down in a wabi-sabi wonderful kind of way....and it's colorful and joyful.

I expect the people who live here are joyful too. They sell their produce on an honor system and promote things like gratitude, peace, and compassion on hand painted signs. 

Many of the zinnias are still going strong....
and you know I love the ones that are going by.


There's a lot going on in this puzzle too....and it's also colorful and joyful.


It's another one with big shapes to work around...
and so far I'm enjoying every minute.


I looked back in my photos...and I've taken about 100 over the years of this Jackson Street garden. This photo of the same corner was taken this past July.


And I have always loved this one....the perspective and pops of color make me happy...with just a hint of "peace." We need more than a hint of peace these days.


And who doesn't need a little gratitude in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment