C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Finished Set

"Nothing dies as beautifully as Autumn." Ashlee Willis

There was another frost last night...not around our condo...but here and there on our chilly morning walk this morning.



These photos are from the hood and the windshield of a car.
Aren't Mother Nature's patterns fabulous!


I worked on another UFP today.  A year or so ago I made several of these scrappy trees....the first one for my friend Patty that I wrote about here. I gave several away and had a couple requests for this year.  

I had these two in my stash last year....and offered one or both to Jane for her collection.  We both agreed that it would make a nice set if there was a third medium sized one. So that's what I did today.

I cut my tree shape out of foam core and fused black striped fabric around the edges.  The corners are kind of fussy.  Then I traced the shape onto the release paper. 


I fused strips of fabric onto the release paper overlapping them as I went. Once I covered the tree shape I filled in with skinnier accent strips and finally cut it out.


Then I fused it onto one side of the tree.  The other side is one piece of Christmas fabric matching the other two trees. I covered a skewer with black and white striped tissue and attached it to the tree and the base. I also covered the tiny tree trunk with black and white so they all would match.  Now it's a nice little set for Jane's tree collection.

Another UFP is now a finished set! 
I have one more large tree to make....hopefully tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. The vicarious pleasure continues! No matter that I spent my afternoon at the Northshore Mall (a place I visit at most maybe once every five years) looking with NO success for throw pillows for our family room—at day's end "I" had completed making a delightful scrappy tree!!!

    The frost art: fabulous!

    THANK YOU, MaryAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all....I don't remember the last time I was in a mall. And secondly....and I reading this correctly that you made a tree??? How fun! I would love to see it!

      Delete
  2. LOL, you are reading INcorrectly—I VICARIOUSLY made a scrappy tree. More plainly, I went on my near-death-experience foray to the mall while YOU made a scrappy tree, but because you shared the project, I felt as though *I* had made the tree hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh.....thanks for the clarification. I'd rather make a scrappy tree than go to the mall!

      Delete