C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Not Enough Days

There aren't enough days this time of year to post all the interesting and beautiful things that are right outside the door.

It was 36 degrees this morning when we walked and we saw the first frost in the low areas.  The frosty edges on the leaves and grasses glistened in the morning light.

 

And just around the corner I was drawn down the street to look closely at this hydrangea shrub.

The color combination was quite striking.

Strikingly Pleasing I should say!



As I was tidying up my craft table last evening I used some of the scraps to make a little starburst on the back of my "Look Again" tag.  I didn't realize at the time that the colors would match the hydrangea so well.


It's simple...but that's why I like it.   


I think I'm going to call her Betty...Betty The Bear...and I found her.
Do you see her?

2 comments:

  1. Betty! You are a brilliant bear, hiding in plain sight!!

    MaryAnn, another magnificent tag for your collection, and I'd like to go on record as proclaiming that you and the hydrangea shrub leave Dunkin in the dust when it comes to doing orange and pink : )

    Thanks for capturing and sharing some of Jack Frost's art—he has a way with mark making, for sure.

    I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for cheering me on Dotty! I never thought of frost a mark making....but it really is! Now I'll think about it every time I photograph it! And...although I'm really enjoying the orange and pink....I am going to come up with a segue into another color scheme on these tags! Time to bring in a complimentary color so there is good flow.

      Delete