C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, October 13, 2023

What I Saw

"The way we choose to see the world creates the world we see." Barry Neil Kaufman

Do you see what I saw?
Look closely....before you take a peek at the hint below.

There's a big change in the colors and lighting in the woods this time of year as the days grow shorter.  The sun is lower in the sky causing more shadows and interesting streams of light. And as the leaves are slowly changing.....the ferns on the forest floor are going from green to yellow to brown.

Sometimes Paul and I just sit and watch without saying a word.

We see what we want to see.....and what I saw was a little light of love.
Now go back and look at the first photo again and it will be clear as dusk.
(As you can see....I like that phrase for early evening photos.)

6 comments:

  1. You’ve trained your eye to look for love around you! How wonderful is that? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou! Learning to look has enhanced my life and helps me appreciate the world around me!

      Delete
  2. I should have picked up the "light" clue in the description, but what I saw (see still) is the little guy at the bottom of the tree waiting to give someone a hug! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love that you saw something else Mary. I may need some help....as I'm not sure I see what you're seeing. And that's OK. We see what we want to see...and maybe he wants to give you a hug!

      Delete
  3. Realizing I should be looking for a heart, yes, I did see it right away! I love it when nature comes through! And wait, I just looked again and I do see the "little guy that wants a hug" re:Mary as well! Too fun!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look again! That's another one of my mottos! Kathy....this tickles me down to my toes. Not only that you saw the heart....but that you looked again and saw the hugger. I looked again...and if it's the yellow leaves at the base of the tree I see him now too! Too fun indeed!

      Delete