C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Technical Difficulties

I heard from a handful of you that subscribe by email that my post from last night did not go out in email form.  If it happens again....I will check with Mailchimp to see what's going on. Once I post in the evening....the email goes out automatically sometime overnight.  

You didn't miss much....but the post can be seen on the actual blog if you're interested: https://joyfulputtering.blogspot.com/  Just scroll back to yesterday.

I will admit...that these kinds of technical difficulties are frustrating and I sometimes don't have the patience or take the time to figure them out.  And....I had a few technical difficulties around the condo today too. Nothing big...just unfun things that took time and attention. Some days are like that.

So until I sat down this evening I had no idea what bit of joy I was going to write about.  But then I remembered a few photos from last evening's walk.

This blade of grass was standing all by itself...and was about as tall as me.  I had no idea if I was going to able to get it in focus when I snapped a few photos. But there was just one with it clear as day...or maybe I should say clear as dusk.  And I do love when camera focuses on something in the foreground and the blurs the background.  That brings me joy.


And on that same walk around the pond...a section of the path was littered with crabapples. I had to slow down and walk carefully.....they were wiggly and slippery.


But slowing down allowed me to pause and look closely.....and I'm never disappointed when I do. The apples were wabi-sabi wonderful...full of texture and color.  Yesterday's joy spilled into today....and that's a good thing on a day with technical difficulties!

No comments:

Post a Comment