C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Spot On

Paul finds some interesting...and sometimes useful things on his bike rides....like this white pumpkin he found on the side of the road. I think it might actually be a gourd.

As you might know....pumpkins and gourds are all about the stem. But this time it's all about the gift of a found object from a guy who pays attention.

I'm a big pumpkin fan...but I've only bought one small one this year so far that I have sitting by my front door. I've looked several times in a few places....but haven't found more that pass my stem test.

Paul's little gourd found a home in the dining room and I'm happy to have another little touch of fall.  And I had forgotten I put his little found red bear on top of Angie's gumball machine. Maybe we should play "Where's Waldo" with him and move him around the condo.  I'll see if Paul takes the hint.

I finished the sparkly Stargazing puzzle today.  

I'm a fan of stars....but not so much a student of astrology and the zodiac. Paul reads our horoscopes every day and shares them when they happen to be spot on....or maybe just funny or absolutely absurd.

I'm a Taurus...and the traits tend to be stubborn, down-to-earth, tenacious and reliable. I think Paul would agree that stubborn is spot on.


Speaking of spot on....this was a fun little project from years and years ago inspired by my sister Marilyn. You can read how I did it in this post:

2 comments:

  1. Aha! A fellow Taurus! My bday is May 13.

    And, with the nickname of Dotty, I might do well to create a few polka-dotty pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know another Taurus...and I'm chuckling at the Dotty connection! Fabulous!

      Delete