C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 28, 2023

Chunky

I took advantage of this last warm day and washed more windows.  I enjoy watching the birds and all things nature through the clean windows during the fall and winter so I'm happy to have have this job done.

Sometimes a simple puzzle with a lot of color is just what I need.  This one was just 300 pieces...so the pieces were large and chunky and it went together really pretty quickly. 

There are enough difficult things in life...so easy was the way to go this time.

Aren't the colors scrumptious!
I think Margie will enjoy this one!


I wanted to transition out of the pink and orange scheme on my tags....and since blue is the complement to orange I decided to move to that side of the color wheel.

One of the layers on the last tag was done with blobs of color on tissue using chunky Stabilo Woody water soluble pencils....so that could be another transition element.

So last evening I did some blobbing (I don't think that's a word...but it should be) using a couple of blues and orange and pink.  I dipped the Woody pencil in water and let the color pool into a blob dot. Sometimes I used two colors on one blob.  

It was a watery mess when I went to bed.....but I was pleasantly surprised what I woke up to.

I like the way the blobs dried creating color and texture...and little pools of muddy brown where the blue and the orange ran together. Originally I thought this was going to be a background for something else...but I think this side is done.

4 comments:

  1. yes, yes, yes! clean windows, transitions, CHUNKY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your puzzles. And now this one! It calls to me. Can you share the manufacturer's name and that of this puzzle? I think this one needs to be bought and gifted to my mom for her birthday. :-)

    As always, I love seeing your art and experiments. Have you ever tried Faber-Castell Gelatos? They are kind of like a crayon to apply and then you add water. They fascinate me and I even bought a set of them... Since they are acrylics, they would be permanent and just the thing for fabric, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...this makes me happy Elle! The puzzle doesn't have a name but it's by Ravensburger...I'll send a link in an email.

      I've not heard of the Gelatos....but I'll keep my eyes open for them. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete