C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 26, 2023

This Happened!

It's been a difficult day in Maine...and the whole country for that matter. How many more of these horrific mass shootings will it take for there to be change. My heart is heavy.

But I had a welcome distraction today....and it was even better than these lovely euonymus berries I came across on a walk.

At least two years ago Roseanne saw something of mine on Pinterest and linked to my blog.  I don't post my own stuff on Pinterest...but others can right from my blog...and I'm tickled something caught her attention.  She started following along with my Joyful Puttering and made contact with me during the 4 x 6 card exchange I did with Brenda and Becky back in 2020/2021.  

Roseanne and I started chatting....and haven't stopped since. We've visited on Zoom several times, talked on the phone a handful of times...and exchange texts almost daily about art...and all the layers of our lives.  She has become a dear friend cheering me on and lifting me up just when I've needed it the most. 

And finally today....this happened.

Roseanne and her husband John were on their way from Connecticut up the coast to visit her brother....and they stopped in for breakfast.  This is the first time we've actually met in person.  Pure Joy!

6 comments:

  1. PERFECT! I hope you two puttered your way joyfully through breakfast! ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific story and so happy the two of you got to meet.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to finally meet! I had a similar experience meeting quilting friends I met on an online service quilting forum. The 4 of us came from different corners of Maryland and Delaware to meet up at the Jinny Beyer Studio in Virginia. I am still in regular contact with 2 of them, but unfortunately we have lost track of the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was! I love your quilting friends story too....it's nice when connections get made and some of them stick!

      Delete