C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Look Again

I've loved the little dialogue in comment section of the "What I Saw" post.  Lou's words of encouragement made me smile and Mary saw something other than the heart.  Her seeing a little guy reaching for a hug prompted Kathy and me to look again at the photo of the woods.  I had to look a third time before I actually saw it...but sure enough...there he was at the base of a tree reaching for a hug.  I'm not even sure I was seeing the same little guy....there are actually two spots I could conjure him up. But it doesn't matter. Both Kathy and I looked again....and sometimes that's when the magic happens.  

And maybe the magic was actually in this conversation about our delight in the looking!

Look.  Then look again. 

I was drawn to a garden on our morning walk yesterday and a patch of strawflowers captured my heart. This particular bloom took my breath away....I couldn't love it more.

I knew I would be going back to keep an eye on the unfurling. But once this dialog happened this morning about looking again....I knew I had to go back today and spend more time with the strawflowers on Abby Lane.  

I was blown away at the changes in just one day. I'll share more once I sort through the photos. I'm so glad I looked again...magic HAD happened.  And I know I'll be looking again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment