C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Pathway

Subtitle: Win Win

Signs of Seed Season on our morning walk!

I've written before about getting to a point in a puzzle where I am compelled to make a pathway from top to bottom or side to side.  Not on every puzzle....but many of them....and it adds a little extra joy to the journey. 

I didn't love this puzzle when I started it.  I can't really say why....but I gave it a few days and it has grown on me as I've worked along.  And the moment I knew I was close to a pathway from top to bottom...I had a little spring in my step!


I found the last piece this morning that closed the gap.  

There are so many things in the world and even in my quiet little life right now that don't necessarily have a clear pathway forward.....both literally and figuratively.  

Things will be OK one way or another.....but for today....I'm going to take this simple dotted pathway as a win!

AND....I just noticed as I'm writing this that there's also a path in the middle from side to side. So it's actually a win win!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you once again for today's dose of (pathway to) joy, MaryAnn, and thank you for providing a pathway to a tiny tidbit of news I've had tucked away to tell you—my granddaughter Caroline (16) and I made a 1000 piece puzzle together in less than 24 hours when we were together a couple of weeks ago, an activity that was inspired in large part by your regular sharing of puzzle making pleasures. We were in a rental home that had several puzzles and games. We actually 'warmed up' with a few 12- and 24-piece jigsaw puzzles with jumbo pieces. Then, why not?, we decided to tackle a 1000-piece challenge. Grand fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! I love this puzzle journey with your granddaughter....starting with smaller puzzle and working your way up to 1000 pieces! And in less than 24 hours! Well done!!! Thanks for sharing this news Dotty!

      Delete