C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 29, 2023

Anchor Images

Some of you may watch the CBS News Sunday Morning show and are familiar with the variety of suns that are displayed between segments. 

Did you know they all come from viewers...and there have been over 9000 displayed?  That concept was one of the inspirations for the next art exchange. with Becky, Tracie and Brenda.  
This photo is of a fabric sun I made for an exchange I did with my sister Marilyn years and years ago....also inspired by the Sunday Morning show suns.

My Madison group isn't doing suns, but each of us has picked an image that we're calling our anchor image.  It could be a photograph, a work of art, or an image from a magazine or Pinterest.  Over the course of 4 weeks we each will do a rendering of each other's anchor image. We can use any media and interpret it however we want...as long as we honor the image. 

We'll do them one at a time and hold them until the end when we will mail them at the same time to to the owners of that anchor image. So at the end of November....we will all end up with 4 versions of our own anchor image. Phew! Does this even make sense? 

Thank goodness Becky made us a chart so we can keep it all straight. I digitally sent my anchor image to Becky this morning....and Tracie sent hers to me...and I'd have to check the chart so see where the others went. We're off and running and it's going to be an interesting challenge. 

I should have had my own image rendering done by now...but I changed my mind at the last minute so I'm starting over.  But I'll get two done this week.

If all goes well....you'll be hearing more about it at the end of November or the beginning of December.  There will be lots to share.

These were the photos Alyson (Paul's sister) shared with me last evening....
they got 7 inches of snow in Denver.



2 comments:

  1. 1. I like imagining that instead of lying awake worrying about things if you wake in the night, you and your Madison buddies lie awake thinking up complicated exchange projects and how you're going to fulfill them!!!

    2. Beautiful snow in October in Denver photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha....this one is not as complicated as it sounds. But I do lie awake some nights thinking about how to fulfill them. And idea always comes.

      Delete