C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, October 23, 2023

There It Was

I was picking up a few things at Trader Joe's....and there it was.  I regret not taking a photo...because all that I could see was the stem.  The rest was buried under all the other gourds....and I actually laughed out loud! As I was checking out the clerk commented on what a great stem it was....and she loved my line "it's all about the stem." She gets it!  

Where's the Bear?  Paul took the hint....now I have to find him. And I'm pretty sure he/she needs a name.

Paul's sense of humor was on display today....look what he came home with.  This isn't the first time I've gotten a stem as a gift. He gets me. But this gift won't be on display.

I came across this grass punch in my stash and it reminded me of the fluttery edging of the strawflower.  


So I punched the edge of the little stubby page in the middle of the spread I'm working on....and shaded it to give a nod to the bloom. I think it works. I'll share the rest of the spread tomorrow....even though it's still a work in progress.

6 comments:

  1. Good eye, MaryAnn, seeing the strawflower in the grass punch! Eager to see your spread once you've completed it.

    And what a STEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story of you and Paul hiding the bear on each other. We do that in our family all through Advent with a small stuffed Santa. Whoever finds him, hides him next. There have been some pretty creative and funny spots he’s been hiding in! Thinking about this now - I can’t wait for the game to begin!
    PS: Love that grass punch and the shading.Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love knowing the Santa story Roseanne. I think little rituals like that are pretty special and sometimes the anticipation of them is just as good. I haven't found the bear yet...but I'll be looking today.

      Delete
  3. Check the freezer and the toaster oven. That rascally Santa has been know to hide there!

    ReplyDelete