C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 14, 2023

Growing and Flowing

Tis the season to finish putting the gardens to bed....bring plants in I want to winter over...and start washing windows.  And at some point I need to claim back the garage before the snow flies.

My foxtail fern looks amazing...and it's tucked into the dining room for the fall and winter. I really enjoyed it by my front door this summer and I still find it hard to believe this was a spindly split I saved from my original plant in Lexington.

       Still new growth coming.


Working on my little tag project has been just enough art for me lately while I'm focused on fall chores and other family matters.

These tags are quick and can be as simple or complicated as I want them to be.  And there is something about them growing and flowing on the ring that is quite satisfying. This one was directly inspired by the little heart of light I shared in yesterday's post.

I used a photo of the bare gingko tree from our front yard in Lexington that I had printed onto deili paper.  Behind it is a recipe for apple pie which I thought was fitting for the season.  The words peek through just a bit....adding a little texture and interest.

I used another section of the photo for the back.  Black crows seem to be fitting for the season too....they frequent our woods making a big ruckus. And using a bird gives a nod to the last tag helping with the flow.  There is a recipe for pumpkin rolls under this one....also fitting for the season. The black and white edging around the orange moon was added to cover a mistake.  Oops!

This is the back of the previous tag...the one with the stripes and bird.  It's a simple cut out from a gelli print mounted on some hand lettered ephemera. These two backs flow pretty well!

And it's time for the next puzzle. 


This was a fun from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment