C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Colors of Fall

It rained all day today....and I didn't mind at all.  I had a Facetime chat with my three sisters and brother in honor of Doug's birthday. It's always good to connect with family.  The rest of the day was full of tasks and chores....all good but not visually stimulating.

So I looked back at my photos from one year ago today and found this one that made me smile. Oh how I love the colors of fall.  


And on the same day...I found this one too.  I made this set of collages during an online class and stitched them onto watercolor paper to create the white border. It was the first time I mixed all my own colors for the hand painted papers.


A month or so later I framed them in simple black frames and sold them at a local consignment store.  I'm looking forward to spending more time in the studio during the colder months. There are so many things I want to play with.


I did snap this photo during a break in the rain when I went out to get the mail.  There are still a lot of fall colors around the neighborhood.  

4 comments: